A great win for Spurs, albeit we were a bit lucky to hold on at the end.
- This game was almost a mirror image of our performances at home earlier in the season; losing the possession battle but looking the most likely to score.
- Lennon always plays well against United, Evra seems to have no answer for him.
- After years of bad refereeing decisions against United – the Pedro Mendes “ghost goal”, the countless dodgy penalties – finally we are getting some luck. After dives from Wellbeck and Januzaj, it was maybe poetic justice that the Ashley Young foul wasn’t given.
- Losing Adebayor is a blow. His work-rate and presence up front has made the 4-4-2 work. From the evidence of the last 20 minutes, Harry Kane isn’t likely to have the same impact. There could be a silver lining if it forces us to buy a striker in the transfer window. Adebayor normally loses interest after a good spell, so relying on him long term would be dangerous anyway.
- Lloris is a mixed blessing. He made some great saves but he also had some rushes of blood. Overall he’s worth it.
- United only start playing when they’re behind but they always make it a nervous last few minutes.