A look at Spurs’ season in picture form.
Note: All statistics are for league games as of 04 April 2014.
1. Problems when facing the top teams:
Percentage of the 44 goals Spurs have conceded
2. Slow starts and disappointing finishes:
(Goals scored – goals conceded), over season for 15 minute time periods
3. Too many thrashings:
Premier League teams with most losses by 4 or more goals
4. Better away from White Hart Lane:
Better home form (left) to better away home (right)
5. Change of manager didn’t help much:
6. Costly defensive errors:
Premier League teams who have committed the most defensive errors that have led to goals
7. Old favourites gone:
Spurs goal scorers last season
8. Disappointing new signings:
Goals by season for Valencia and then Spurs
9. Faltering stalwarts:
Lennon’s stats over time
10. But still hope for the future:
22 year-old Eriksen’s ability to create chances (Key passes = passes that lead directly to an attempt on goal)
Discuss it with me on Twitter: @ABPSpurs
Please leave your thoughts in the comments section below.